Methods of Emergency Communication
The Red Lion Area School District will communicate with staff, students, parents and the community in the event of a school or district emergency, school closing, delay or early release due to inclement weather. Information will be communicated when appropriate, at the direction of the Superintendent, and as quickly as possible in the following ways:
- Posted on the District website
- Posted on District social media sites; Facebook and Twitter
- Message delivered to email address(s) provided in Skyward
- Message delivered to phone contact(s) provided in Skyward
- Communicated to local television and radio stations as needed
- Coming soon, we are hoping to also deliver message by SMS text to phone numbers with texting capability that are provided in Skyward
Maintaining Accurate and Updated Contact Information in Skyward
In the event of a school closing or school related emergency messages to parents will use data provided in Skyward. It is very important that parents/guardians maintain accurate contact information in Skyward at all times.
To confirm contact data in Skyward, go to https://sisportal.rlasd.net, click My Account.
Questions regarding activation, login, or password should be made to the main office at any of our school buildings.
Phone Calls to the District/Schools During Emergencies
District telephone systems are designed to handle the typical school day volume. In the event of an emergency the system cannot manage large volumes of incoming calls. The best source for accurate, timely information will be the RLASD website, social media sites, attention to voicemail, email (or text messaging) sent to the numbers provided in your Skyward account, and on occasion through local media.