Internet Essentials from Comcast offers low-cost Internet service, discounted computer equipment, and free digital literacy training to families with at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program. In addition, effective October 2015, Comcast launched two trial programs, expanding Internet Essentials to eligible seniors and community college students in limited markets.
Internet Essentials Includes:
- 15/2 Mbps Internet service for just $9.95 a month + tax
- No activation fees and no equipment rental fees
- Option to purchase a computer for just $149.99 + tax
- Access to free Internet training online, in print and in person
- A Wireless Gateway, delivering in-home WiFi at no additional cost
- Access to 40 one-hour sessions of XFINITY WiFi Hotspots every 30 days for reliable high-speed Internet on-the-go